Purpose: To create and upload a batch file for processing from within BackOffice. The system will automatically create both the header record as well as the trailer record in accordance with the iVeri Batch specification.
Note: This function is for creating a once-off batch which cannot be retrieved for editing or use again after it has been created and uploaded. A new batch needs to be created using this function each time.
In the main menu click on Batch and then on Create Batch.
Click on the Application ID for which you want to create a batch for processing, i.e. Either Test or Live.
Capture the details of each transaction in the Transaction Details section at the bottom. When you have filled in the form, click on Insert. This will place all the captured details in to the top section of the page. Continue with this process until you have captured all the transactions you want to process.
- Merchant Terminal – The default is BATCH. If you want to sort your transactions in the Transaction Details Report, you can allocate your own terminal number for each transaction by deleting the word BATCH and replacing it with your own identifier. The maximum length of this field is 8 characters.
- Budget Period – Only complete this field if the cardholder has requested the payment to go on Budget. If not, leave it blank.
- Transaction Type – The default is Sale. If you are doing a different type of transaction, click on the drop down and select your transaction type.
- Authorisation Code – If you have obtained a pre-authorisation code from the Authorisation Centre, enter the code. If you were given a code longer than six digits, only enter the last six numbers.
- Transaction Amount – As shown, the amount MUST be in cents. For example, R100.00 is entered as 10000. R1050.20 is entered as 105020 and so on.
- Reference Number – This is a Unique identifier for the transaction. The default here is AUTOGENERATE. If you leave it as AUTOGENERATE, then iVeri will allocate a invoice number to the transaction. If you want to allocate your own identifier, delete the word AUTOGENERATE and type in your own number. The maximum number of characters you can use here is 32. It is a alpha/numeric field. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY COMMA's in this field. Also remember that if you use your own Reference Number here, you cannot use it again for 6 months. If you do, then the next time you use it within the 6 month period, the transaction will be rejected as “Duplicate Merchant Reference”.
If you find that you need to change some details or delete a transaction which you have already captured before uploading the batch for processing, find the transaction you want to change or delete in the top section.
Click on the transaction and the details will be populated in the bottom capture section. Make your changes and click on Update to effect your changes or click on Delete to remove the transaction from the batch. When you have finished capturing your transactions, click on Confirm.
Enter your File Name for this file. This name must also be unique and cannot be used again for 6 months. After typing in the File Name, click on OK.
You will see the confirmation screen and your batch will be processed.