When processing the transaction, the merchant determines the value of the ElectronicCommerceIndicator (ECI) flag, and sets the following parameters (tags):
- ElectronicCommerceIndicator (ECI)
- CardHolderAuthenticationData (CAVV) and
- CardHolderAuthenticationID (XID)
along with the rest of the transaction information and sends out the authorisation to the payment network.
The following are the iVeri parameters (tags) specific to 3D Secure:
- “ElectronicCommerceIndicator” which holds the enumerated ECI indicator which (if specified) is one of:
- “CardHolderAuthenticationData” which holds the base64 encoded CAVV data
- “CardHolderAuthenticationID” which holds the base64 encoded XID data
The difference between SecureChannel or ClearChannel is whether SSL is used between the cardholder and the merchant.
These 3 tags are set using iVeri Enterprise, for example:
These tags are only needed to be set in an initial transaction, not when a TransactionIndex is set.
In other words, if a merchant performs an Authorisation and then a follow up Debit, then the above tags need only be set within the Authorisation.